A common question from our customers is: What is better SD Card or USB Pendrive?
We recommend SD card as media because the SD card it is a better media and more reliable compared with the USB Stick.
However, you can choose between FlexiDriveMV-SD or FlexiDriveMV-USB according to the particular conditions or preferences of you or of your customers.
Both version have the same functionality for your application. The only difference is the media that you will use to store your files.
SD / SDHC Memory Card positive features
- SD cards are the most reliable and safe media in the market (Video recorders, mobile phones, photo cameras, etc.)
- SD Cards are faster and safer for data transfer because the data transfer is direct. (SD cards are using a parallel data transfer. USB Pendrive use a serial USB communication with more electronics associated)
- SD Cards is more robust for industrial and technical environments (Water proof, Shock proof, X-Ray proof, Electromagnetic proof) You can step on a SD card or put it under water and still working!
- SD Cards operates in temperatures ranging from -13 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
- SD Cards works completely inserted into the FlexiDrive. This avoid accidental damage to the media. (USB Sticks are exposed out of the unit)
- Most of PCs and Notebooks have an SD Card socket.
SD Card Durable Design for Industrial and Technical applications.
- Designed to withstand the toughest conditions, the SD/SDHC card is waterproof, shockproof , and X-ray proof .
- It can operate in temperatures ranging from -13 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can capture memories in almost any climate.
- Even if your device doesn’t survive, your SD memory card will.
- Water proof: Tested to withstand up to 72 hours in 1m salt or fresh water; IEC 529 IPX7; product must be clean and dry before use
- Shock and vibration proof: Capable of withstanding up to 500Gs of shock
- X-ray proof: Immune to airport X-rays.
SD Card Specifications
- Form factor: SD (2GB), SDHC (4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB)
- Card dimension: 0.94″ x 1.25″ x 0.08″ (24 mm x 32 mm x 2.1 mm)
- Operating temperature: -13ºF to 185ºF (-25ºC to 85 ºC)
- Storage temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)
- Compatibility: Compatible with SD or SDHC supporting host devices
- Security: Built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
If you have some question please contact us.